Terms and Conditions
By signing up for the Ecbilla service ("Service") or any of the services of Ecbilla.com. ("Ecbilla") you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service"). Any new features or tools which are added to the current Service shall be also subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the current version of the Terms of Service at any time at here. Ecbilla reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to the Ecbilla website. You are advised to check the Terms of Service from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you.
Everyday language summaries are provided for your benefit and are not legally binding. Please read the "Terms of Service" for the complete picture of your legal requirements. By using Ecbilla or any Ecbilla services, you are agreeing to these terms. Be sure to occasionally check back for updates.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email.
- You may not use the Ecbilla service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws) as well as the laws of India and the Province of Ontario.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Ecbilla.
- You shall not purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google AdWords), or domain names that use Ecbilla or Ecbilla trademarks and/or variations and misspellings thereof
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to support@Ecbilla.com.
- You understand that your Store Content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit Card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
Which means ?
- The Ecbilla service belongs to us. You are not allowed to rip it off or use it for any illegal or sketchy purpose.
- Your content may be transferred unencrypted and may be altered, but credit card information is always encrypted.
Waiver and Complete Agreement
The failure of Ecbilla to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Ecbilla and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Ecbilla (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Which means ?
- If Ecbilla chooses not to enforce any of these provisions at any time, it does not mean that they give up that right later.
- These terms of service make up the agreement that applies to you. This means that any previous agreements between you and Ecbilla don't apply if they conflict with these terms.
Intellectual Property and Customer Content
- We do not claim any intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Ecbilla service. All material you upload remains yours. You can remove your Ecbilla store at any time by deleting your account. This will also remove all content you have stored on the Service.
- By uploading Store Content, you agree: (a) to allow other internet users to view your Store Content; (b) to allow Ecbilla to display and store your Store Content; and (c) that Ecbilla can, at any time, review all the Store Content submitted by you to its Service.
- You retain ownership over all Store Content that you upload to a Ecbilla store; however, by making your store public, you agree to allow others to view your Store Content. You are responsible for compliance of Store Content with any applicable laws or regulations.
- You retain ownership over all content that you submit to a Ecbilla store however, by making your store public, you agree to allow others to view your content.
- We will not disclose your confidential information to third parties, except as required in the course of providing our services. Confidential information includes any materials or information provided by you to us which is not publicly known. Confidential information does not include information that: (a) was in the public domain at the time we received it; (b) comes into the public domain after we received it through no fault of ours; (c) we received from someone other than you without breach of our or their confidentiality obligations; or (d) we are required by law to disclose.
Which means ?
Anything you upload remains yours and your responsibility. If you want to remove your content, just delete your account.
- You may establish the appearance of your Ecbilla store with a design template from Ecbilla's Theme Store ("a Theme"). If you download a Theme, you are licensed to use it for a single store only. You are free to transfer a Theme to a second one of your own stores if you close your first store. You are not permitted to transfer or sell a Theme to any other person's store on Ecbilla or elsewhere. Multiple stores require multiple downloads and each download is subject to the applicable fee. Ecbilla gives no assurance that a particular Theme will remain available for additional downloads.
- You may modify the Theme to suit your store. Ecbilla may add or modify the footer that refers to Ecbilla at its discretion. Ecbilla may modify the Theme where it contains, in our sole discretion, an element that may be unlawful, offensive, threatening, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, or that violates any person's intellectual property, even if you received the Theme in that condition. Ecbilla may modify the Theme to reflect technical changes and updates as required.
- The intellectual property rights of the Theme remain the property of the designer. If you exceed the rights granted by your purchase of a Theme, the designer may take legal action against you, and Ecbilla may take administrative action such as modifying your store or closing your store.
- Technical support for a Theme is the responsibility of the designer, and Ecbilla accepts no responsibility to provide such support. Ecbilla may be able to help you contact the designer.
- It is the responsibility of the user, and not Ecbilla, to ensure that the installation of a new theme does not overwrite or damage the current or preexisting theme, or UI, of the user.
Which means ?
You can purchase our Themes to use for one store at a time. Feel free to modify our Theme, but respect that the designers own their Themes, so don't infringe on their rights. For Theme-related problems, contact the designer. Note that Themes may disappear over time and are subject to change.
- Ecbilla Experts is an online directory of independent third parties ("Experts") that can help you build and operate your Ecbilla store. Ecbilla does not employ Experts and is in no way affiliated with Experts.
- Ecbilla does not endorse Experts and takes no responsibility for any work performed by Experts or failure to fulfill a work order. Links to websites of Experts, announcements about services or offers, and responses to email inquiries regarding Experts, are provided solely for informational purposes at the discretion of Ecbilla and shall not be construed or imply permission, or an affiliation, position regarding any issue in controversy, authentication, appraisal, sponsorship, nor a recommendation or endorsement of any website, product, service, activity, business, organization, or person, and any offers, products, services, statements, opinions, content or information on any linked third-party website.
- Under no circumstances shall Ecbilla be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or other damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or other damages that result from any contractual relationship between you and Ecbilla experts. These limitations shall apply even if Ecbilla has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Which means ?
Experts are not employees of Ecbilla and we are not responsible for them.
Payment of Fees
- A valid credit card is required for accounts able to process orders using a live payment gateway. Accounts used for development purposes (unable to process orders using a live payment gateway) do not require a valid credit card.
- The service will be billed in 30 day intervals. When your billing period is over the Account Owner will be sent an invoice via the email provided. As well, an invoice will appear on the account page of your Ecbilla administration console. Users have approximately two weeks to bring up and settle any issues with the billing.
- All fees are exclusive of all federal, provincial, state or other governmental sales, goods and services, harmonized or other taxes, fees or charges now in force or enacted in the future ("Taxes"). If you are a resident of India , you are responsible for all applicable Taxes that arise from or as a result of your subscription to a Plan. These Taxes are based on the rates applicable to the Canadian billing address you provided to us. Such amounts are in addition to payment for the Plan and will be billed to your credit card. If you are exempt from payment of such Taxes, you must provide us with an original certificate that satisfies applicable legal requirements attesting to tax-exempt status. Tax exemption will only apply from and after the date we receive such a certificate.
- If you are not a resident of India and not subject to Canadian Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST) in respect of the service, you must provide us with a statement by email to accounting@Ecbilla.com that 1) you are not a resident of India 2) you are not GST/HST registered and 3) to the extent that you are an individual and not a corporation or other legal entity, you were not physically present in India when the service is made. The statement should also include your complete home and/or business location address. If you do not provide such information, you will be charged for Taxes on the Plan which will be billed to your credit card until after such time that you provide us with the information described to us.
- To the extent that you are a non-resident individual and not a corporation or other legal entity, and your location of usage shifts to a place in India when the service is made, you must advise us immediately by email to the address provided above.
- Ecbilla does not provide refunds.
Which means ?
For live payment gateways, a valid credit card is required. You will be billed every 30 days and have 2 weeks to pay. Tax is not included and will be billed to your credit card. If you're exempt from Canadian taxes, let us know by giving us your original exemption certificate and we'll stop adding taxes to your bill. No refunds.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Prices for using Ecbilla are subject to change upon 30 days notice from Ecbilla. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Ecbilla Site (Ecbilla.com) or the administration menu of your Ecbilla store via an announcement.
- Ecbilla reserves the right at any time to time to modify or discontinue, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Ecbilla shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Which means ?
We may change or discontinue the service at anytime, without liability.
- Ecbilla may provide you with access to third party tools over which Ecbilla neither monitors nor has any control or input.
- You acknowledge and agree that Ecbilla provides access to such tools 'as is' without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. Ecbilla shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third party tools.
- Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third party provider(s).
- Ecbilla strongly recommends that merchants seek specialist advice before using or relying on certain tools. In particular, tax calculators should be used for reference only and not as a substitute for independent tax advice when assessing the correct tax rates merchants should charge end users.
Which means ?
We are not responsible for third party tools so use them at your own risk. If you use them you agree that we do not provide a warranty, so get advice beforehand.
DMCA Notice and Takedown Procedure
- Ecbilla supports the protection of intellectual property and asks Ecbilla merchants to do the same. It's our policy to respond to all notices of alleged copyright infringement.
- If someone believes that one of our merchants is infringing their intellectual property rights, they can send a DMCA Notice to Ecbilla's designated agent using our form.
- Upon receiving a DMCA Notice, we may remove or disable access to the material claimed to be a copyright infringement.
- Ecbilla strongly recommends that merchants seek specialist advice before using or relying on certain tools. In particular, tax calculators should be used for reference only and not as a substitute for independent tax advice when assessing the correct tax rates merchants should charge end users.Once provided with a notice of takedown, the merchant can reply with a counter notification using our form if they object to the complaint.
- The original complainant has 14 business days after we receive a counter notification to seek a court order restraining the merchant from engaging in the infringing activity, otherwise we restore the material. For more information, see our DMCA Notice and Takedown Procedure
For merchants this means,
Ecbilla respects intellectual property rights and you should too. If we receive a DMCA Notice, we may disable access or remove the allegedly infringing content from your website. If you don't think the claim is valid, you can proceed with a counter notification.
For everyone else this means,
If you believe one of our merchants is infringing your intellectual property rights, you can send Ecbilla a DMCA Notice. We will expeditiously disable access or remove the content and notify the merchant. Be advised that we post all notices we receive.
Any questions about this Terms of Service should be addressed to email@example.com or by mail to:
No.1 Bharath Complex
Kottaiyur Main Road
Karaikudi - 630002